Fire Destroys Farmville Home

   Written by on September 7, 2017 at 10:39 am

Staff Report

house fire photopiggy bank burnedFarmville, Prospect and Hamden-Sydney Volunteer Fire Departments responded to a house fire on Sunday morning on Grace Street in Farmville around 11:42 a.m.

The homeowner was cooking in her kitchen when a fire started on the stove. After attempting to extinguish it, she was able to safely exit the home and walk to a neighbor’s house to call for assistance. She was not injured.

While the home was structurally destroyed, the fast response of firefighters meant that some of the contents were salvageable.

Leave a Reply